3 E’s That Will Strengthen Our Community
- Encourage large technology corporations to provide Digital Citizenship educational courses for K-12.
- Implement workforce development initiatives that will train our youth, ages 16-25, in target industries such as Manufacturing, Logistics, IT, Hospitality and Healthcare.
- Partner with community outreach programs to ensure previously incarcerated people are given the opportunity to have more favorable outcomes.
- Fight for additional funding to extend mobile clinics to rural areas in District 83
- Actively seek funding for infrastructure projects and healthy food initiatives that will help address the environmental landscape in our communities
- Fight to strengthen existing programs for our elderly population to continue to live an healthy, active lifestyle.
- Establish an “Elevate Incubator” for District 83 that connects entrepreneurs that have an idea to resources to create a concept to help build a successful startup
- Ensure small businesses particularly minority and women owned businesses have access to resources they need to succeed as the driver of economic growth
- Provide incentives to local businesses that have fewer than 25 employees